[bookshare-discuss] a couple of newspaper beta questions

  • From: Rick.Roderick@xxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:18:32 -0400

Hi everyone,

This is particularly directed at Peter.  I have a couple more questions
about the newspaper beta.

How is it determined which papers will be considered onder the newspaper
section and which are national newspapers and magazines?  Of course, USA
Today, the Wall Street Journal, New Yorker, and Economist are unambiguous,
but why are tthe Bennington Banner and Hayward Daily Review under this
section?  It also seems to me that papers under the National section should
be fairly complete, as is the New York Times.

Secondly, I am wondering why the opening sentences in stories are often
repeated in the story itself.  This seems redundant.  I often see that
sentence as part of a heading, then in the story itself.