[bookshare-discuss] Re: What happened to the good old days large surface scanners?

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:46:46 -0600

hp had some legal-size scanners in the 7400 series. Get on the k1000 page and look at their scanner list. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim" <filastin48@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 1:06 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] What happened to the good old days large surface scanners?

Hi Folks,
My old Hp4c Scanner died, and I spent a lot of time looking for a scanner that has similar large surface, but I could not. All scanners I found has significantly smaller surfaces. The hp4c has a 14 inch by 9.5 inches which made them suitable for most books. Now, the largest surface of the scanners I could find is 11.7 by 8.5. which make them small for most books. This is extremely frustrating. Did any of you figure out a solution to this problem ?
Cheers,
Ibrahim
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.