[bookshare-discuss] Warning? Viruses from benetech?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 10:18:45 -0700 (PDT)

Today I received in my Bulk Mail (where suspected SPAM
goes) a message from benetech.org. The from address
was Info@xxxxxxxxxxxx,and the subject was my password
-- as an attachment. I deleted it, along with the
other items (I've never received so many before) in
the bulk mail (12) because it looked suspicious to me.
There was one item yesterday I did open--I clicked on
the attachment because the from address was one I
recognized and, more important, because my mail checks
attachments first for viruses. Sure enough, the
attachment contained a virus and my mail (Yahoo)
wouldn't open it, so I was safe.

I suspect the benetech.org item had a virus, and if
any of you openedit or anything similar, you mayhave
the virus and it may have attached itself to all your
outgoing mail.. If the benetech message about my
password is legit, Marissa, please let us know.

Cindy R

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html