[bookshare-discuss] Re: VR stream and daisy downloads from the new site.

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:39:30 -0500

Ann, this is awful. Is Humanware avoiding taking calls, or do they just say
the equivalent of "it's not my department?" I would think that polite but
direct calls from several dozen users to their phone center would get their
attention. Emails are easy to delete, but phone calls actually require
someone to take an action, even if that action is to answer the phone. If
even a quarter of the people who bought a Stream or Braillenote over the
past two years would call Humanware today, they might begin to see this as
an issue worth acting on. Enlisting the support of some educators and
rehabilitation counselors may rattle their cage too. After all, educators
use Bookshare for their students and count on the BrailleNote working
correctly. Humanware has known about this change in the Bookshare site for
months and are playing a game of pass the buck. It's not acceptable, and
they need to be told as much.

I'll also call them and tell them that they are about to lose my business.
My company has a pending order with them and am strongly considering
canceling it at this point. I don't do business with companies that treat
customers badly and that slack off when it comes to timely updates. I also
won't even consider buying a device that isn't working with Bookshare. I
don't want to get stuck with something that won't work. The truth is that
they need my business more than I actually need their products. It won't
matter too much if just one person cancels an order. It could begin to
matter if this situation drags on and causes others to rethink their
decision to buy products from Humanware. I can't believe you are being
treated so badly.

Monica Willyard