[bookshare-discuss] Re: Three books submitted

  • From: "Fred Wurtzel" <f.wurtzel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:08:31 -0500

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for your contributions.  I appreciate the efforts of those
scanning and proofing books.

I am interested in the process.  I have scanned some books.  I would not
want to submit them due to the errors.  Is there any article or book with
information on the most efficient way to scan?

For instance, in Kurzweil, there is a function to keep the unrecognized
file.  From that one may re-recognize the file.  Is that effective.

Another question.  How do you determine the optimum settings for a given
book.  There is a bemusing array of choices of contrast, speckle reduction,
dots per inch and scanning engines.

Any thoughts or references you or anyone else have, are of interest to me.