[bookshare-discuss] Submitting Publisher Quality Books

  • From: "Nancy Feldman" <nancy_feldman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:29:12 -0700

Hi,

I downloaded two books that I'm interested in validating.  Both were
submitted by Bookshare volunteers, but both also indicated that they were of
Publisher quality, not excellent quality.

For those who submit books, when do you decide to mark a scan as publisher
quality, and not just Excellent.  I ask because the scanning process almost
inevitably introduces a few errors, so I was curious what your distinction
was.  For instance, is it a particularly high ranked spelling result from
Kurzweil, or something else?

The first book I'm reviewing has thus far had no errors, so the ranking
seems reasonably accurate, but I was just a little surprised.  I guess I
expected only books coming from the Bookshare office to be marked in such a
fashion.

Thanks,

Nancy