[bookshare-discuss] Re: Special Characters in RTF Format

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:50:44 -0600

Hi Evan,
    You've hit on one of OpenBook's excentricities that makes it a little less
endeering to me.

The bookShare tool will not handle these as "normal" punctuation marks either.

It would be great if you could transform the quotes/apostrophys on books you
submit as you'll save someone else the confusion you're at right now.

I don't know how to change these chars using a PacMate. If you want
instructions for either MSWord or Kurzweil, I can do that.

There is a "tip" on my website that discusses potentially problem characters
for the BookShare system.

http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/tl.asp

HTH,
jake