[bookshare-discuss] Re: SEPARATE PAGES FOR BOOKS IN ENGLISH, BOOKS IN SPANISH, AND BOOKS FOR CHILDREN

  • From: Mike Gorse <mgorse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:15:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi RIck,

You make a good point about people studying Spanish. I took three years of it in high school and went from getting B's to getting C's and D's the last year I took it, and I think that a large part of the reason was that there was a lot more reading, and I didn't have a good system to handle it. I tried to scan the books, but it didn't always work well, and I didn't have a dictionary that I could use (I think it would have helped a lot if I did).

-- Mike Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Rick Roderick wrote:

Hi susan,

I totally agree with you.  I don't speak Spanish, but I am glad to see other
languages, the more the better.  Many of our ancestors had to learn English,
but this often took time.

Another benefit to the Spanish book is the fact that people can use them who
are learning or studying Spanish.