[bookshare-discuss] Readng level question for parents

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:14:00 -0800 (PST)

My queston is for parents of young children and not-so-young children, if you
can remember far back--and for teachers. I raised two daughters and worked in
elementary and middle school classrooms, but I'm confused now: thinking of
books and literature, by age, where does "children" end and "juvenile" begin?
In some cases it's easy to tell--Preschool to grade 2--o3 3? are for children.
Grades 4-6? ages 8-11? Those of you who receive my books-added list may have
noticed how even professional reviewers vary with their designations of grade
and age level the same book is appropriate for, and the Publishers' product
descriptions are sometimes way off. Sometimes I wonder if whoever decided the
age level had actually read the book.

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/