[bookshare-discuss] Queestionss:

  • From: Dorothy Dean <ddean21@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:14:10 -0400

You all have been making me feel just a wee bit guilty.  Although I scan, I
sometimes hesitate to validate.  Here are my reasons: When parts (let's say
half a page) scans poorly throughout the book, I hesitate to accept it.  I feel
that the book is readable, but the errors are pr3etty evident.  Also when words
are left out, I have an idea what the missing words might be, but wonder if I
should guess.  Today I sent up a book, or rather I released a book, thinking
that I would have a chance to state my reasons, but nothing happened, no clue
for comments.  At the moment I'm validating a book that really seems good.
Althouggh I have validated books, what I really need to know is: what exactly
should we do--check title author, title, publishers, isbn (if an6y), whether
the book is submitted in its entirety.  I don't really know how to eliminate
the extra spacing--tabs and lines.  I know I can do this, but when I went to
codes, I don't think I really got any place.  Since I would
 very muc
t improving the book, can someone give me concrete (very concrete) directions.
Thank you all.  Dorothy