[bookshare-discuss] Re: Proofreading with JAWS 10 and MS Word 2002

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:17:33 -0800

Hi Lisa,

        I know other people have had this issue.  There is a fix.  The JAWS
dictionary needs to be modified.  I don't know myself, exactly how to do
this.  What folks had to do was to find the page break character, press
insert numpad5 until you see the numeric value for that character, then tell
the dictionary to say"page break" when JAWS encounters that character.  I
know the more computer competent folks on the list will be able to help you
better.  Just wanted to let you know that there was a fix for this, that
folks had dealt with it using JAWS 9, and to give you an idea of what the
fix was.

Good luck!  I'm spoiled.  I live with a very geeky sweetie who fixes this
stuff for me.  Thank goodness, too, because I'm absolutely convinced that
I'd cause havoc if I were to try some of these things myself.  Computers do
tend to hate me!

Mayrie