[bookshare-discuss] Re: Please Don't Feed The Troll - smile

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:01:07 EST

Like I said, if I have a message in front of me that I have a response for I
respond, Don't you do the same. And I don't see how I can be blamed for making
a casual comment and then everyone makes a big deal out of it. Others make
casual comments and it is not blown out of proportion.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: Please Don't Feed The Troll - smile
Date:
1/23/2009 12:44:11 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I am having real techie problems and so are many other folks on this
and the other bookshare list. Whatever you want to say on this
subject Roger you seem to need to write message after message to say
it. Whether what you want to say belongs on this list, whether you
are defending something or whatever, the fact is we are in a
transition period at bookshare. Please if you are hurt nobody meant
to hurt you. Frankly rather than dealing with bookshare issues we are
somehow dealing with the wording of an invite to a bookshare club and
your objection to either the wording or the fact it is posted on the
list. I hope you work it out soon so this stream of messages from you
all about one little bookshare club invite slows down.

E.

At 12:16 PM 1/23/2009, you wrote:
>Actually, I have not admitted to being the troll, at least by the
>definition that was given. My only intention in this case was to
>make a casual comment. When I read the post about the Christian
>fiction discussion there was a comment in it that said that these
>are the kind of books one would not be embarrassed to share with
>others. My immediate reaction was that I would. Even though I have
>read a number of religious books I have never read any Christian
>fiction. My impression is that they are a waste of time and
>everything I hear about them reinforces that impression. However, I
>can imagine recommending one. I suppose it is possible that one or
>more of them might have something in them that would cause me to
>recommend it. I think that is unlikely, but it is possible. If I did
>make such a recommendation I would feel embarrassed. I would feel
>compelled to apologize and assure the person to whom I recommended
>it that the religious content had nothing to do with the
>recommendation. Because that was my immediate reaction I made a
>casual comment to that effect. Unfortunately, there are people who
>are so intolerant that they just can't allow a casual comment to
>just be a casual comment and absolutely must make a big deal out of
>it. Then comes the name calling. Troll is one of the nicer ones I
>have been called in my life, but the definition provided with it
>rendered it a simple straw man. Again, though, if someone is so
>outraged that another person has the temerity to disagree with them
>then they can minimize their exposure to other points of view just
>by not attacking the people who hold them.

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)