[bookshare-discuss] PROBLEM WITH BRF FILES

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:13:43 -0600

Hi All,

I apoligize for the cross post, but I am having a problem with BRF files,
and before I complain to Bookshare, I want to know if other users of BRF
files are experiencing this problem.

Throughout several books I have downloaded that were added since the new
site went live, there seem to be places where some text is skipped.  There
will be a capital sign by itself, an apostrophe by itself, or an open or
closed quotes by themselves, then some text is skipped. It is like a quote
is interrupted, and then the text is skipped.  This happens too many times
for me to give examples.

However, I proofread A Stranger Is Watching, by Mary Higgins Clark, and I
know all of the text was there.  So is anyone else noticing this?  Also,
words that do not need italics are italicized.

Thank you.

Sue S.