[bookshare-discuss] Re: Offering Email Help

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:03:26 -0800 (PST)

I do partly what you do, Monica. If the first few
words  indicate that I'm not interested in reading the
rest of the message I just delete and go on to the
next one. Unfortunately I can't go by the subject line
because people forget to change them,and I can't go by
the person sending the message because sometimes
he/she asks for a book to be added to the wish list or
scanning list. smile If later on in the message
something that does interest me exists, it usually
will show up in a reply post.

Cindy

--- Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all. Would it be helpful to you if I post
> instructions on how to either
> delete entire conversations of messages or filter
> messages with various
> attributes to your trash folder? It's how I cope
> with conversations that
> tend to go on and on. I just delete the whole
> conversation without reading
> it. If a sender continuously wastes my time, I make
> a filter to send that
> person's messages to my trash folder so I don't even
> see them. This lets me
> focus on what really matters to me. Almost all email
> programs and email
> sites can sort or filter messages. Gmail makes this
> very easy to do, and I
> can post instructions for Outlook, Eudora, and
> Thunderbird. I haven't used
> Outlook Express, but I know who can help me explain
> how to use that program
> if needed. Nobody should have to feel that their
> mailbox is being flooded
> with junk just so they can use a mailing list.
>
> Monica Willyard
> "The best way to predict the future is to create
> it." -- Peter Drucker

> Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm