[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT accent marks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have a Mac, but I have Microsoft Word for the Mac,
--plus I used Microsoft Word on an IBM at school where
I used to work.

There is an Insert File (at least on my program) at
the top. If you scroll down to Insert there is a whole
table of letters with accents already made up -- acute
and grave e, a, o, etc. -- circumflexes, umlauts
(which you won't need, of course.) There's even a c
with a cedilla.

You can also do it with keystrokes.Option +e
(simultaneous) follow by an e will give you an acute
e; option c simultaneous will give you the cedilla c.
Now that I think of it, does one use a grave in
Spanish or is that only in French? I can't remember.

I hope what works for me works for you.  Good luck.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com