[bookshare-discuss] OT: Switching To Outlook

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:01:43 -0400

Hi everyone. In an effort to become more organized, I'm switching to Outlook so I can connect emails with to-do tasks. I want to do better at following through on things I promise to do. Do any of you know of good books, podcasts, or websites to help me make the transition? I use Jaws, and I'm a little daunted by all I need to learn. I used Eudora for 14 years and then tried Thunderbird, but I know I need a speech-friendly calendar and task list to keep me on track. Outlook seems like my only option. This feels like a big move, and any resources you have to share would help me a lot. I think it will help be become a better volunteer in the end because I won't be so scattered. If any of you have read a book called Getting Things Done, by David Allen, you'll understand what I'm trying to do. The book is on Bookshare, and it's packed with really useful, immediately usable ideas for taming your schedule, emails, files, and to-dos. Thanks to anyone who has any ideas to share.

Monica Willyard