[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Scannoes At BARD?

  • From: Chris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:33:20 -0600

A really old typist? I remember typing on an old manual typewriter that didn't have a 1. thankfully, I was in the second grade at the time.

On 3/5/2010 15:03, EVAN REESE wrote:

I was looking through the most recently added books on the BARD site
today and read the following:
The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy, Volume 2
Burckhardt, Jacob. Read by Maurice Shroder. Reading time 8 hours 24 minutes.
World History
The author discusses the period of the Italian Renaissance, l300-l530,
as compared
with the ideas and ideals of the mid-nineteenth century. In this second
volume he
considers the rediscovery of the world and of humanity, society and
festivals, and
morality and religion.
Download The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy, Volume 2, DB29578
I have a hard time seeing someone even mistakenly typing l300-l530
instead of 1300-1530. Could it be scannoes? Are they printing out this
stuff and then scanning it back in? I can't think of how else that kind
of error might have occurred.
Evan

--
---