[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Music and names

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:59:33 -0700 (PDT)

 I no longer play for the simple
> reason that I cannot enjoy
> it!!!  <smile>

How sad. When I was younger, and wondered what sense I
would miss most, I thought I would rather be blind
than deaf, because I so enjoyed music and the sounds
of birds and the winds and breezes. Now that I'm
older, however, and so much of what I do depends on
using my eyes, despite the wonderful example you all
set for me, I'd prefer to keep my eyesight.

I was interested to hear, though -- and I got this
Final Jeopardy  answer correct when all 3 contestants
missed it -- that the disability
 singer Ray Charles described as being so bad as to be
almost unimaginable was deafness. Of course, being
blind from birth (I think) he'd become adapted to it
and had built a fine life, and music, and, as a matter
of fact, the sounds of birds, meant a lot to him.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com