[bookshare-discuss] (OT) Fwd: Re: [gutvol-d] Braille files

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 01:33:36 -0700

Hi all.  I am appealing to any nfbtrans users out there.  Can you please
help with this?  If you're interested but don't have nfbtrans, you can
download it from the following link.

http://www.nfb.org/braille/nfbtrans/nfbtr774.zip

It is a DOS program but can be compiled under Linux.  There is a Windows
front end for it, but unfortunately I don't think that will work because of
the formatting complexities.  Also, we need people with both embossers and
notetakers to test this.  We would like to get the best, most ideal
combination of command line switches possible.

I am asking for your help because I would like Project Gutenberg to make
Braille files of their books available on their download pages.  They are
very willing to help out, but they need to know what settings to use for
nfbtrans.  I am including the message from the webmaster below.  Feel free
to spread this to other lists also if you think other people can help.  It
would be especially good if you are on a PAC-Mate or BrailleNote
list.  Also we need people to test embossers.  If you have other questions,
please ask me and I can send them either to the list or the PG
webmaster.  You can contact the webmaster at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Here
is the link to download books from PG for testing.

http://www.gutenberg.org/

Below is his message.  Thanks all for your help.