[bookshare-discuss] Re: OOOps! I spoke out of turn

  • From: Rick.Roderick@xxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:58:26 -0400

Hi Jana,

I am also a compulsive downloader, both from this service and Web-braille.

For me, I think a lot of it has due to book-deprivation in early life.  I
remember going to the school library and practically running out of books
because I read them all.

I would order from the regional library, and I might get any given book, or
I might not.  The library was 135 miles from our house, and unless we were
going into Chicago for something else, I didn't get there.

Things got better as I became an adult, both in Illinois and here Kentucky.
However, I still had to wait for books.

There is just something wonderful about the instant gratification.  I
download all these books that I wonder if I will ever get read.  Yet, I
don't want to always see the same titles, so I download more.  I hope to
retire in a couple of years.  By that time, I'll have downloade an even
larger number of books and newspapers.

Isn't this fun!