[bookshare-discuss] O_T fear of the Dentist

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:13:26 -0400

Hey Rose,

bring a MP3 player or a portable book reader and listen to a book while the
dentist does his thing.  If you only have a Braillenote or that type of
device put it in a gallon zip lock bag.

Especially if you put a head phone in each ear, it makes the job a heck of a
lot easier.

I also told my dentist how much of a pain woose I was and how much I didn't
like the dentist he was really understanding.

Was reading about the history of Boston while he removed one of my teeth in
the back, and honestly didn't feel too much pain till the end of the
procedure, and in the mean time, didn't have to hear comments, the wir of
the drill or that cracking sounds when they got that forcepts in there.  To
be honest, I almost fell asleep and had to stretch once I got up, so it
definitely worked and this is coming from someone who definitely wants to
run from the Dentist and the OBGYN, smile.

Worth trying, was suggested to me, the day of the appointment to have the
tooth out, and I am thinking of keeping up the habit when I go back to get
my cleaning in October, just so much nicer!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

More than Any other time, When I hold a beloved book in my hand, my
- Helen Keller