[bookshare-discuss] Northwest Passage search and books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:35:36 -0700 (PDT)

I did a little research. The program we saw was about
Sir John Franklin's disastrous search on the Resolute,
and the ships that went searching for him and it.

I found that there is a book entitled Resolute: The
Epic Search for the Northwest Passage and John
Franklin, and the Discovery of the Queen's Ghost Ship
by Martin W. Sandler. It was just published last
October. The Library Journal gives it anexcellent
review: "...The prolific Sandler, who has authored
many history books for children, tells an exciting
tale of exploration and adventure so filled with
mystery, tragedy, and speculation that, at first read,
it seems almost too incredible to be true..." For
those who like tales of exploration, this sounds like
a good addition to our collection.

Cindy

--- Amy Goldring Tajalli