[bookshare-discuss] Re: Newbie Questions / file formats

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:30:42 -0400

Debbie,

You might want to look into devices like the Book Port and Book Courier.
These are devices which will play text files and depending on which unit you
choose, other filetypes as well in a synthesized voice.  I have a book port
and can telll you that it works great with both Bookshare and Web Braille
files.  If you're not familiar with such machines, check these web sites:

http://aph.org/products/bp_bro.html

http://www.bookcourier.com

Hope this helps.  lou