[bookshare-discuss] Re: NPR's Top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy Books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:08:43 -0600

Oh, thanks Lori! I love Time and Again by Jack Finney. I'm going to go download the Stephen King book--I never would have thought to have read it, as I equate King mostly with pure horror books, even though I know better. smile.

A time travel series you might enjoy is Caroline B. Cooney's "Both Sides of Time" series, which has 4 books in it. It liked it in the way it was written very much the way I like Time and Again. Here's the links to the books, in the order of the series:

1. Both Sides of Time: http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/76669
2. Out of Time: http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/76952
3. Prisoner of Time: http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/77107
4. For All Time http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/268552

Judy s.

On 3/24/2012 7:18 AM, Lori Castner wrote:
Hi, I'm not a big Science Fiction or fantasy fan, but nevertheless read this list with interest. I do enjoy time travel books though and just want to make two recommendations. The newest Stephen King book entitled 11-22-63 is one of the best books I have ever read; it is on time travel. I read it as soon as it came out--it was immediately on Bookshare. And I read it almost nonstop. It's almost as good as The Stand, in my opinion. Another older and very good travel book is "Time and Again" by Jack Finney, also on Bookshare. Stephen King mentioned it in the acknowledgments at the end of 11-22-63.
Hope some of you will enjoy these two books.
Lori C.