[bookshare-discuss] Re: My library

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:42:28 -0700

Thank you so much for sending that. I was not aware of that service, and I will look into it...Dianne and Primrose ----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Wurtzel" <f.wurtzel@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:11 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: My library

Hello,

Here is the Newsline Brochure.

National Federation of the Blind NEWSLINE(r)
Free Telephone Newspaper Service
Call (866) 504-7300

FRONT COVER: NFB logo, drawing of telephone receiver

Do you want access to the same information about news and current events at
the same time as your sighted friends, family, and coworkers?

Have you been forced to give up reading the newspaper due to blindness or a
visual impairment?

Does your career demand that you keep up with the latest developments in
your field?

Are you a sports fan or arts enthusiast who needs detailed coverage on a
wide range of topics?

NFB-NEWSLINE(r) allows any blind or visually impaired person to listen to
TODAY'S newspaper TODAY, over the telephone, for FREE.

As a subscriber to NFB-NEWSLINE(r), you can read any newspaper and magazine
available on this service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.  You
can choose the topic and articles of greatest interest to you, at the time
and place of your choosing.

With hundreds of newspapers, nationwide coverage, and on-demand service,
NFB-NEWSLINE(r) can best be described as: ANY PAPER, ANYWHERE, ANY TIME.

TESTIMONIALS FROM NFB-NEWSLINE(r) SUBSCRIBERS

"I believe that I am better informed on local, national, and international
issues because of my access to NEWSLINE(r)."

- Judyth A. Leavitt, New Hampshire

"You've got all the newspapers that I would ever want to read!"

- Judge David Tatel, Virginia

"Macular degeneration took the newspaper away from me, but NFB-NEWSLINE(r)
has brought it back."

- Sidney Katz, Florida

"It's practical, it's easy, it's reliable.  If you can use a telephone you
can use NEWSLINE(r)."

- Patrick Leahy, District of Columbia

What is NFB-NEWSLINE(r)?

NFB-NEWSLINE(r) is a toll-free, electronic service that allows blind or
disabled persons to listen to daily newspapers and magazines using a
Touch-Tone telephone.

Is NFB-NEWSLINE(r) available in every state?

The magazine portion is available in every state while the newspaper service
is available in most states.  For more information call the National
Federation of the Blind at 1 (866) 504-7300.

Do I have to be blind to use this service?

No.  NFB-NEWSLINE(r) is designed for anyone who cannot read newsprint
because of a physical disability.

How can I sign up?

If you're a patron of a Talking Book Library, call your library to sign up
for NFB-NEWSLINE(r) over the phone. Otherwise, call the National Federation
of the Blind at 1 (866) 504-7300.

NFB-NEWSLINE(R) IS FREE.