[bookshare-discuss] More books on Holocaust on the site

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:30:59 -0400

here are four kids books about the Holocaust, which are available on the
site.

Twenty and Ten, a French boarding school for orphans protects a group of
Jewish children, can they keep the secret.

The Devil's Arithmetic: Sofie, can't understand why her grandparents are so
angry about the War, until while celebrating passover, she is transformed
back to a concentration camp, and learns what the "Devil's Arithmetic" on
her Great Aunt's arm really means.

Katarina A young girl, is forced to hide out during the War, and is very
bored about it, she also develops a love attachment to one of her savors

And my favorite by far:

A Torn Thread

This is probably one of the best books written, at least for children, and
definitely deserves more awards than what it got.

Anna and her sister, are captured and taken to a work camp in Poland, while
there they are forced to work night and day, and survive, with the threat of
gassing, shooting, ans starvation.  Is the story of survival, of willing to
do what you had to do t get by.

But I strongly recommend The Torn Thread by Ann Issacs, she is a truly
gifted story teller.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council