[bookshare-discuss] Re: Message For Duane Iverson

  • From: "duane iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:06:09 -0600

i  Hi Monica.
Do you have Kurzweil 1000?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 4:53 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Message For Duane Iverson

Duane, if you're still on this list, would you please either post here or email me off-list? I have a question about the David Horowitz books you are planning to scan. I had a major computer crash and lost my address book. I'm slowly rebuilding it on my laptop when people post to the various lists I'm on. I have it in my head that you're going to work on Native Son after the Thanksgiving holiday. Is that right? I want to scan a couple of his books and want to make sure we don't duplicate our efforts. The Professors was approved this week and was flagged as adult because of some of the content. I didn't agree with the Bookshare tools on that rating, but the validation tool does try to rate things objectively. In case you didn't know about it, you'll see it if you're logged into the Bookshare site. You did a nice job scanning that book as well as Left Illusions. My dad ended of getting a copy of The Professors after I read the introduction to him.

Duane, you've inspired me to reach beyond myself, to ask better questions, and to challenge what I've been taught over the years to look for the truth. You and Brian have both helped me grow up politically, to work out my beliefs and, to be able to explain them to other people.

Monica Willyard