[bookshare-discuss] Madeleine L'Engle dies at age 88.

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:10:42 -0400

Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I tell you that one of my favorite authors has gone on before us. If you are not familiar with L'Engle's work, you should be. She wrote the gambit from juveniles to Christian apologetics. If parents are looking for wholesome, morally upright, Christian books for your kids and young teens, recommend L'Engle. One of her books, just one is worth two dozen Judy Blum books, and makes one wonder why V.C. Andrews even tries to write down anything coherent!

You don't get a Newbury Medal for no good reason! You don't get cited again twenty years later for being a runner-up for the same medal! When I think of some of the trash our kids are reading these days I just want to scream bloody murder and start handing out L'Engle books!

Please, if Bookshare doesn't have L'Engle books, start scanning! If it does, I haven't looked yet, then we need to make sure we have all her stuff, everything she wrote is precious!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring