[bookshare-discuss] Lost Love Found approved & uploaded

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:21:53 -0800 (PST)

I just had an awful thought -- I think I designated it
excellent but now I can't remember. I had to return it
so many times because I had the brief synopsis too
long. If it isn't rated excellent, Marissa, can you
change it?

This is the fifth book in the Skye O?Malley saga. As
someone, I think Kellie or Jana said, the books don?t
have to be read in order, and there is a genealogy in
the front of the book. Bertrice Small manages to work
in smoothly pertinent information from earlier books
in the saga (unlike Jean Auel, in my opinion), but
references to them make one want to go back and read
the earlier ones if one hasn?t already. At least
that?s the way I react; I?m hoping to read them in
order (except for this one, obviously). After reading
Until You, I went back and read The Kadin, which
satisfied my curiosity.

One reason I like Small?s books is because of the
historical detail ? not only the customs, clothes,
food, etc., that I?ve mentioned before, but the
historical events and relationships of the time.
They?re worked in very nicely. This is the way I
really enjoy getting my history (smile).

The book is Adult-rated because of the sex scenes, so
be sure to log in before checking the collection or
you won?t find this, or some of her others.

Cindy

P.S. Here?s an example of how the mind to some extent
controls what one sees: I read this entire book, with
its many references to Sir Walter Raleigh, and not
until I did a spell-check did I notice that the name
was spelled R a l e g h. After correcting it once and
seeing it again, I checked the man on Google, and sure
enough, it was spelled without the i. It?s spelled
with it, too, but I suspect now that that is a more
modern, and perhaps Americanized spelling. Clearly the
author intended there to be no i, because evidently
that?s the way it was spelled in Elizabeth?s time.

P.P.S. I tried to upload this via Netscape 7 and kept
getting the message that it was not an rtf file ? even
though I kept changing the title. Finally I tried
using IE and had no problem. I mention this because of
recent posts about problems uploading, and perhaps
this might be a solution to the problem as well as
others that have been mentioned.

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com