[bookshare-discuss] Re: Looking for old lists of new books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:38:44 -0500

Was this person writing as a staff member? Look at the email address please. I certainly do not recognize this as a staff address.

E.

At 06:36 AM 1/30/2009, you wrote:
Hi,

Basically, WordPress has a feature where you can give it a secret pop3 account to check and it will automatically post anything sent to that account. It's then a simple matter of having Cindy send to this special address, WP checks it hourly, picks up the new email and posts it. Cindy has to do nothing extra except add a secret address to her email list. The spammers don't know about it because it's never given out to anyone except Cindy and myself. If they did find it, it's just a matter of changing it to something else. I've had feeds emailed to me this way for years with no problem. I don't know if wordpress.com has that feature or not but I would be using the full WordPress blog package from wordpress.org on a server.

Shannon wrote:
Hi, how do you get the list you are speaking of in the email which was posted?

http://www.eset.com