[bookshare-discuss] Re: Looking for a Book: U.C.C. hymnal

  • From: "agoldringtajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:33:21 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

 Shelley,

Have you thought about writing either the publisher or a larger congregation
explaining the problem and  seeking for financial assistance on be have of
your congregation.  Or does your congregation belong to a religious
organization with a hierarchy who might help you or a training school like
the Union Seminary or some such. You can make it clear that you are looking
for a donation and not a loan.  The information you have given in your
letter should make it clear when you describe your congregation.  Many such
organizations might view it as bread cast upon the water (? - is that the
right quotation?)

I was greatly surprised when I was seeking recorded books and discovered the
Jewish Braille Institute.  Now I know what you want is more involved than a
simple recording but even the publishers of the U.C.C. Hymnal might be of
help either with a donation of the book or even the $ you need for the form
you need it in.

Good luck

Amy