[bookshare-discuss] Jaws and MS Word question

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 23:15:11 -0400

Hi you all, am getting extremely annoyed by this problem and hoping for some
help.

Have Jaws 5.0 on here and MS Word 2000.  I sometimes, have a problem, where
I know there is text on the page, if I hit insert down arrow it will read
the text on the page, but if I try to navigate by down arrow, or attempt to
highlight to copy any text, it says "no text selected" or "blank".

I try messing with the View, marking normal, zooming to 75% and even
maximizing the window or trying Web layout view instead.  But darn it,
tonight none of those worked.

What is causing this.  I do have Jaws 6 here if perhaps the problem is
solved by the upgrade.  But would love to know what the problem is, as I use
MS Word to copy information onto the Bookshare form, before submitting a
book.  Have two books to submit, but they just aren't cooperating.

Thanks for any help.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council