[bookshare-discuss] Re: Improving Writing

  • From: Shayla <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:44:05 -0700

The book was Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace, and I would recommend
it over Elements of Style which is not the sort of book you just pick up
and read cover to cover. Elements is something more along the lines of a
reference book, something you keep around and use on a regular basis rather
than a primer or learning tool. The Style book is very good.
shayla

At 04:56 PM 10/4/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Shelley,
>
>A recent book was put up on style, but I can't remember the name.  There
>is also Elements of Style by Strunk and White.  I don't know if I spelled
>Strunk right.
>
>Web-braille has a book called something the Chicago Guidebook for Writing
>research Papers.
>
>Rick Roderick,
>Louisville, KY
>richard@xxxxxxxxx

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.