[bookshare-discuss] Re: Html book?

  • From: <zaria797@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:22:34 -0500

thank you, Kasondra! What disturbs me is that although the publishers of textbooks are required to provide eligible students with electronic formats, they quibble and argue and delay providing the files.

I wrote the head of the publishers group that is supposed to be spearheading the movement to better provide such services to no avail. It took me an entire semester to convince a publisher that the website was inaccessible (it lacks alt tabs plue did not allow end user preferences). I ended up dropping the class becase the professor refused to provide quizzes other than off the website (since the website said it was accessible, she took their word over mine and I was tired of playing the game.

I am looking so forward to just reading books instead of climbing the access mountain!

Debra
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>