[bookshare-discuss] Re: Html book?

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

Let's start with the fact that about 90% of those in the vision challenged arena, 20/200 to 0/00 do not read braille. Likewise, many prefer getting the book in html then using their browser to convert them for reading elsewhere. This service also serves those with learning related print disabilities as well. If the center for disease control is to be believed, that numbers about 15% of the entire United States population. so the html editions give choice which is what any service should be all about.

Does this make sense?
Karen

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, lana wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but why bother with an HTML book.  I used to download
them in OPF go into the HTML after it was unpacked, save as text and read
that version.  Then I started downloading in brf.  what advantage is there
in HTML?