[bookshare-discuss] Re: How Many NLS Members? (was) Re: Bad scan Wheel of...

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:17:43 -0500 (EST)

xoops!
my window did not let me see all of your message.
So the other one is bill too.
hmmm perhaps NLS is trying this as some kind of cost cutting measure, or thought it would be more fun to have bill reading it, which I understand is a nice job really.
I will have to get that one from the Library when I have time grin.
Sorry for the mistake,
Karen

Here's the proof:

Author:        Clinton, Bill, 1946-
Title:         My life [sound recording]  / Bill Clinton.
Edition:       Abridged.
Published:     New York, N.Y. : Random House Audio, c2004.
(Distributed in special format for the Library of Congress by
Talking Book Publishers)
track, mono.
Book Number:   RC 58101
Dewey No.:     973.929092 B ANF
ISBN:          0739317059
Notes:         A shared master program book.  The Random House
Audio recording has been adapted by NLS. The publication has
been changed to 15/16 ips, 4 track format. Side announcements
have been added.
Digital master.

However they did record the original version as well:

Author:        Clinton, Bill, 1946-
Title:         My life [sound recording] / Bill Clinton.
Published:     New York, N.Y. : Random House Audio, c2004.
(Distributed in special format for the Library of Congress by
Talking Book Publishers)
analog, 15/16 ips, 4 track, mono.
Book Number:   RC 58100
Dewey No.:     973.929092 B ANF
ISBN:          0375414576
Notes:         A shared master program book.  The Random House
Audio recording has been adapted by NLS. The publication has
been changed to 15/16 ips, 4 track format. Side announcements
have been added.

Actually, they didn't record either one at the talking book studios the way they usually make talking books by the looks of things, which might explain how they got them out so fast. I don't know which one came out first, though they both came out quicker than usual.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Lewellen" <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>