[bookshare-discuss] Horror book club and Stephen King books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:56:35 -0700 (PDT)

Good timing for the book club, shortly before
Halloween.

I avoid horror, too, but I have read  several Stephen
King books that aren't really scary. One was a
collection of short stories or novellas--wonderful and
not scary at all, as I remember, even though I was
using a wringer washer at the time. Misery wasn't
scary, either, and I found that my sympathies for Cujo
were so aroused that that wasn't really scary. I think
the movie was more so, but the book was so
well-written, and it wasn't Cujo's fault that he went
mad. I really felt sorry for the dog. smile

I haven't read any of the others. I'm too scared to.
smile. He does write extremely well, though.