[bookshare-discuss] Re: Help with text Aloud

  • From: Pat Ferguson <fergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:39:16 -0500

Hi Shelley,

I would also be interested in knowing how to breake up the BookShare books files into MP3 chapters with Text Aloud.

Thanks.

Pat Ferguson

At 11:10 PM 6/19/05, you wrote:
hey you all, I usually use Kurzweil to create MP3s so am not sure how
exactly how to use this program.  And am wondering as a friend is having
major trouble if anyone could help us with the following.

1. How do you create mp3s from a text file, from Bookshare.  In multiple
files.
2. She is having a problem, where the program creates so large a files that
she can't put them on a CD which I know shouldn't be.  Does anyone know why
this could be, some setting she needs to change in Text aloud so she doesn't
have such monster files?
3. Is there a View, for text aloud I should be aware of, that makes it more
friendly to work with a screen reader.  I was having quite a time, trying to
get it to work this afternoon.  The demo.

Thanks for any help on this, and I will share your responses with my friend
who is a new Bookshare member.

Thanks.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.