[bookshare-discuss] Hant Yo

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:24:35 -0700 (PDT)

Gerald, I am the one who validated Hanta Yo, and I
thank you very much for your kind words. Oddly enough,
I was surprised that most of the Indian vocabulary
words, Ithinkall of them inf act,  were correctly
spelled, though many of the names had odd symbols in
the middle -- but global replace saved a lot of time
with that. Otherwise the major problems were misplaced
sentence parts and some missing pages, the former
probably because of the quality of the book that was
being scanned. I had two books from two different
libraries (because it tool me so long and one had to
be returned) and the quality of those two books
varied, I think because of age and use.

But it was a pleasurable task, because I really
enjoyed the book, and I thank you for submitting it.
When I downloaded it to validate, I was prepared to
reject it (many people had already released it) if i
didn't like it and it was too difficult, but, as I
said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found that after I
stopped validating for the night I kept reading ahead
in the book to see what happened. I am very impressed
that the author was able to create so many different
individual, fully rounded  characters. I join you in
recommending the book, despite its length.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool