[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fwd: Questions about the Epson 3170 Scanner

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:40:31 -0500

Hi Jill:

When you shut down the computer does your scanner lamp stay on?

I just bought a 3170 and the lamp remains on even after shutting down the computer. I have to turn off the power switch to turn off the lamp. I just wondered if anyone experienced this.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Louise" <bookscanner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Cindy R" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Questions about the Epson 3170 Scanner
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:53:11 -0600

Hi.  Could you please post this on the bookshare
lists and send me any
replies or have them send responses privately to me?
  Thanks.

I'd like to hear from anyone using the Epson 3170
scanner and what operating
system it's being used with.  Right now I have it
connected to a Windows Me
machine, but I can't scan a full page.  The light
bar of the scanner locks
at the bottom of the scanner  bed and I have to turn
the scanner off and
then on again to return the light bar to its
starting position.  I also get
an Epson scan window that says that it can't
properly communicate with the
scanner and that if I'm using a SCSI connection, to
restart the computer.  I
am using the approximately 10 meg driver, 11374.exe,
that I got directly
from the Epson site that includes the 3170 scanner.
Someone told me that
the reason I am having trouble with this combination
is that Windows Me is
notorious for poor memory management and that a full
page image is too large
for it to handle and that if I either use either
Windows 98 or Xp, I won't
have this problem any longer.  Any thoughts?  Any
help in this area would be
much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.1.0/269 - Release Date: 2/24/2006