[bookshare-discuss] Fw: [bksvol-discuss] Changed January's Read for The Fantasy Book Club

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 13:30:16 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:08 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Changed January's Read for The Fantasy Book Club

For those who are interested, We decided to change our book for this month's Fantasy Book Club. The information on this book is at the end of this message. We are still meeting on Sunday the 18th of January on Skype at 8:00 EST.
Happy reading.
Christina

The Hidden Stars by Madeline Howard
From the book's back cover: Extraordinary new talent Madeline Howard begins an epic trilogy of magic and power, hidden birthrights and prophecies, with
The Hidden Stars, the first book of The Rune of Unmaking in a world
devastated by a cataclysmic war between the wizards and mages, the Empress
Ouriana
has seized the throne, proclaiming herself the Divine Incarnation of the
Devouring Moon. Appointing twelve priest; to perform her rites, she rules
with
a tight rein of evil sorcery. The priests once men, have become twisted with magic, making them monstrous- mutated. They bring destruction wherever they ride, and one kingdom after another falls, enslaved into darkness. Yet signs and portents appear, puzzling the seers, and a tale begins to grow. A rumor
of a young girl, talented and hidden, who is destined to end Ouriana's
tyrannous reign ... if she can survive long enough to do, so. And so a brave
band
of wizards and heroes rides out in search of the hidden princess, pursued by
the fury of the dark goddess herself.

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=55123

bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx