[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fw: [bardtalk] Michael Hart, inventor of the ebook, dies aged 64 | Books | guardian.co.uk

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 22:00:32 -0400

Before Web-braille and Bookshare, there was Gutenberg.  I read my first
books in electronic braille on it, on a Braille LIte 18.  It was wonderful!
I actually owned books.  What a concept for that time!

I just wish I had had Gutenberg when I was in junior high and high school to
help me get through American and British literature.