[bookshare-discuss] Fw: [acb-l] Accessible world presents You and Your favorite SummerReads On Tonight's Books And Beyond

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:39:45 -0700

    Newswire:
Our guest for Books And Beyond Tonight has requested  that we   reschedule her
appearance for May 4. That will happen as she has asked.

What are we doing instead, you ask? Are you cancelling or will you do something
else? No, we are not cancelling our time together.  What we are doing instead
is a show on summer reading choices.

Think back to your carefree summer days. What were you reading? What book were
you so wrapped up in you didn't even hear your mother call you for supper? What
so captivated your attention and took you to a different world you didn't even
hear the sound of the ice cream truck when it came by?

We all have our favorites.  Whether it was Heidi,  The Yearling by Marjorie
Kinnan Wrawlings, or the Anne of Green Gable Series by L. M. Montgomery or some
other series or stand alone book, come talk about it tonight on this special
Books And Beyond just for you. Let us encourage children and teenagers to read
by sharing the books we loved  that gave us a love of reading we want to pass
along. There is a treasury of riches out there many know little about. Come
tell us about your favorite first romance mystery or nonfiction work
Bonnie Blose, Host,

Books And Beyond,

E-Mail: bookmaven1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Wednesday, April 20,   2011

Time: 5:00 PM PdT, 6:00 PM MDT, 7:00 PM CDT, 8:00 PM EDT,

and elsewhere in the world Thursday 12:00 GMT.

Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time; go to

The Books and Beyond Room at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs3cfe7424e06c

Or, alternatively,

Select The Books and Beyond Room at: www.accessibleworld.org

Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing

software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download

and then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to

the Accessible World rooms.

All online interactive programs are free of charge, and open to anyone

worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer, speakers, and a sound

card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with the presenters and

others in the virtual audience. To speak to us, hold down the control key

and let up to listen. If no microphone is available, you may text chat with

the attendees.

Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people of the

topic and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible World. The

lists are announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum. You can join the

Accessible World Announce List, the Tek Talk Announce List or the Sports

Talk Announce List by completing the form at:

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair

Accessible World

818-998-0044

Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Marcia Moses, Events Coordinator

Accessible World

734-495-1496

Email: mgmoses@xxxxxxxxxxx

Steve Hoffman, President

Talking Communities

Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3)

not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the

disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly

relevant information about new products, services, and training

opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access

barriers that adversely affect them.