[bookshare-discuss] Fw: Reminder: Let's Read Historical Novels To Meet Tuesday, February 3

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:27:49 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: News Wire
To: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:18 PM
Subject: Reminder: Let's Read Historical Novels To Meet Tuesday, February 3

Reminder:  Let's Read Historical Novels To Meet Tuesday, February 3

Our gathering on Accessible World this past month proved to be enthusiastic,
intelligent and downright fun!  As the discussion leader, I have looked
forward to our coming discussion on Tuesday, February 3.

For your convenience I have set up a blog for the group at
http://histnov.blogspot.com where you will find information on upcoming
meetings and a list of the times for many time zones.

In tandem with the Let's Read Historical Novels chat discussion on
AccessibleWorld.org, we have started a Freelist email discussion book on
general fiction.  To join, just send an email to
aw-booktalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "Subscribe" in the subject field.
The email discussion is open to anyone interested in Accessible World's book
discussion groups.  It will be facilitated by Nan Hawthorne.

Our book for February 3 is my own first novel, An Involuntary King: A Tale
of Anglo Saxon England.  It's along book, so I hope you have had a chance to
start reading it!  I promise if you have not you will still enjoy the
conversation and have that many more insights when you do get to reading.

I welcome suggestions of what you would like to discuss about the book.  I
plan to ask for thoughts on individual characters, the plot, and the
storytelling.  I also would like to hear any ideas you have for where to
take this story on the web site I have set up for continuing tales of these
and other characters.  Look at http://www.shield-wall.com for a link to An
Involuntary King: Welcome to Críslicland.

If you have any questions before we meet in just less than two weeks, feel
free to contact me at hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nan Hawthorne

Date:  Tuesday, February 3, 2009.

Time:  5:00 p.m. PST, 6:00 p.m. MST, 7:00 p.m. CST,
            8:00 p.m. EST and elsewhere in the world Wednesday 1:00 GMT.

Where:  Let's Read Historical Novels Room at:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs87449e52193e

Or, alternatively, select Let's Read Historical Novels room at
http://www.accessibleworld.org.

Here's the info you need to join others online from your home, office, or
wherever you and your computer, an Internet connection, a sound card
speakers and a microphone happen to be at the time of the event. Everyone
worldwide is welcome. NO PASSWORD IS REQUIRED AND the entire event is FREE!

Approximately 20 minutes prior to the event start time, go to the Let's Read
Historical Novels room at either of the sign-in links above.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing
software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download
and then run.  A link to the software is available on every entry screen to
the Accessible World rooms.

Media Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair, Planning Committee
818-998-0044
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.helpinghands4theblind.com

Pat Price, Founder and Events Coordinator
The Accessible World Symposiums
Vision Worldwide, Inc.
317-254-1185
Email: pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.accessibleworld.org

The Accessible World, a division of Vision Worldwide, Inc. a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the
disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly
relevant information about new products, services, and training
opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access
barriers that adversely affect them.

--
If you no longer wish to receive any more announcements from the Accessible
this link
Forward a Message to Someone:
this link

PNG image