[bookshare-discuss] Freedom Scientific's Bookshare Unpack Utility Now Available

  • From: Ron Miller <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:26:28 -0500

  Good afternoon everyone,
I wanted to let all of you know that the Bookshare Unpack Utility for the
PAC Mate BX and QX is now available as a free download on the Freedom
Scientific website. You can go to:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/PACmate_BookShare_Unpack.asp
To get the Unpack Utility.

With the new Unpack Utility installed, you can now download books from the
Bookshare site and either immediately unpack them or you can unpack books
you've stored to the PAC Mate's main memory or an auxiliary storage device
such as a compact flash card, USB thumb drive, etc.

I've been using this application in its beta form for some time now and it's
fantastic. I don't bother downloading to the pc at all anymore. It's been
especially great to be able to get a morning paper while I'm traveling by
using my bluetooth phone as a modem, or a compact cell phone card.

Happy reading!

Ron Miller
Product Manager
Freedom Scientific