[bookshare-discuss] Re: Flambards and The Edge of the Clouds submitted for validation

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:16:02 -0500

Thanks, Cindy, for the advice on putting the save info in front of the title - I'll do that if I can convince my friend to scan any more books for me! smile.

And thank you for validating, and putting the other titles on the Wish list. I would agree, these are Young Adult, not children's, books, and I they are very good reading for adults, too.

Gee, I used to wish for a pony for Christmas - now I wish for a bevy of volunteers to flock into bookshare who can scan and validate all the books that are on the wishlists in a day and take some of the load off of all the volunteers who are providing this wonderful service! smile.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Yep, you did it correctly. I've downloaded them--I
only still had three, so that makes five. It will take
me a while to get to them, though.

FYI, in the future, when you want to save for someone,
put that in front of the title. I suspect not everyone
reads down to the comments, but I may be wrong.

I will let you know how your scan was, but remember, I
have three other books to do first, and something else
I'm helping with. smile

I forgot, by the way, that you can't scan. Hopefully
someone else will scan the rest of the Flambards
series so the collection is complete. Folks, they're
historical novels for--I'd say Young Adults, though my
library has them in the older-children's section,
i.e., upper elementary grades & junior high. I guess
the ones in the Young Adults section is for high
school students. I've added Flambards in Summer and
Flambards Divided, by K. M. Peyton, to the Wish List.

--- "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I've figured out how to submit these two
books correctly on the bookshare website, and in the comments part I wrote to save them for Grandma Cindy to validate.

I hope that's right!

Thanks, Cindy, for volunteering to validate - let me
know how it looks as these are the first two books I've ever submitted and I hope I've set them up to make the validation easy.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Go ahead and submit them, with a save for Grandma
Cindy. I can get the books and will put in page
breaks
and pages as I validate. I see they are children's
books but not picture books, and I enjoy reading
those.

That is, unless someone else wants to do them. I
have
a couple of other things to do first.

And I don't scan, so you or someone else will have
scan the others if you want the whole series in
the
collection.

Cindy

--- "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sheesh - my computer sent this out before I was
finished!

Anyways it's two books (not three!) that I'd like
submit if they are workable, out of a four-book series. The other
two
books in the K.M. Peyton series that I don't have scans of are called Flambards in Summer and Flambards Divided.

Each book does stand on its own, but they are
best
read in order.

Thanks,

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email
  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
Subject line.  To get a list of available
commands,
put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
line.

Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,
put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,
put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.