[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fave Books?

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:26:13 -0500

Wow!
After so many people have written!  But Here goes!
1. The Pilgrimage by Zena Henderson.
If you like "chick-books" you should like The People.
"The People" are an un-fallen race.  They live on their Edon like Planet
until The Home is distroyed and they are forced to flee.
In the latter half of the 19th century some of them crashland on earth in
the US Mountain west where they must adapt to a alien and fallen world.
They can fly! The can heal! They can communicate mind-to-mind. They can
get themselves burned as witches if they are not careful.
They can also mary us and have children with us.  They are "no different
flesh" as one of Mis Henderson's other books is titled.
I want to find the rest of Miss Henderson's work and scan it.
2. Fantisy by Poul Anderson.
Scanned by your humble coristpondant, this book has some of Anderson's
best Fantisy. If youlike potter Et Al you should also like.
See especially the storys in the middle. Logical Conclusion, The Balad of
Captain Vara, and Gate of the Flying nives.
Also Superstician which is a superb Shaggy Dog story.
3. The Nightface by Poul Anderson.
This is a good deal darker but one of the best storys he ever wrote.

If you like light Fantasy, especially if you read the Gate of The flying
nives and like it,
Try the Clockmaker books by L. Sprague DeCamp.
The title on bookshare begins
The Goblin Tower The Clocks of Eros The Unbeheaded king.