[bookshare-discuss] Re: FYI

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:07:55 -0700

Actually, there are blind users from the Kurzweil 1000 listserv who uses Kurzweil with Mac and who are able to read bookshare books with the mac, I myself use a windows 7 laptop but might get a Mac in the future as well but will keep this laptop as well. http://www.kurzweiledu.com/listservSignup.php

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail/AIM/GoogleTalk: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

On 7/10/2012 12:37 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
I don't think that was the question. First, I for one did not see the earlier message. This is the first one with that question I have seen. I can only suppose that the first one got lost in cyberspace. The next question, as I read it, did not mention Kurzweil. It was whether Bookshare books can be downloaded and read on the Mac. My answer is that I have never used one of those macks, so I don't know from personal experience, but I don't see why not. When I finished the last sentence, instead of sending this email as I intended to I looked down to see if I had missed something in the original question and it turns out that I had. In the last part of it there was reference to Kurzweil after all. I will defer to Robert about that. However, the first part of the question was still whether Bookshare books can be downloaded and read on the Mac. To that I still say that I don't see why not..
On 7/10/2012 3:04 PM, robert tweedy wrote:
No you can't use Kurzweil on a mac.

-----Original Message----- From: jim rawls
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:52 PM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: FYI

Chela I have a question.
I joined this group yesterday, and posted a question wondering if I got a Mac, if I could download book share books and read them on the Mac. I haven't seen my message posted. Have you? And Why haven't I seen it? I don't know if I will get a Mac, but my sighted wife is probably going to get one, but I use Kurzweil now, and It's a deal breaker, if I can't scan and read books on the Mac, as good as I do now with windows 7. Do you have any thoughts or know anything about what I am wondering
about? Thanks for your thoughts.
Jim rawls Covina Ca. have a question. I am a new ,e,