[bookshare-discuss] Re: FW: [bksvol-discuss] To Patient Bookshare.org Member and Volunteers!

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:21:41 -0700

Hi. Just a quick note here that there is apparently either a bug or misclassification with Spanish books. I've noticed that there are books obviously in Spanish but the language is listed as English so they show up in the English advanced search link below. Has this been fixed?

At 10:18 PM 7/11/06 -0500, you wrote:

Janice addressed the following message to members and volunteers, but only
sent it to the Volunteer Discussion List for some reason.  Since someone
complained about there only being Spanish books in the New Books list, I'm
forwarding it on to the bookshare-discuss list so you'll know why there's
been so many Spanish books  added to the collection lately.

BTW, if you only want to see a list of new books in English, then click on
the following link.

Browse
<http://www.bookshare.org/web/BooksByAdvancedSearch.html?titlestring=&author
string=&sort=4&language=en&quality=0&category%5B%5D=0&operation=submit&submi
t=Search>  New Books - English Only

This is a call to Bookshare's Advanced Search which lists books in English
and sortes them by the most recent publication date.  I recommend adding it
to your favorites list so you can pull it up any time you want.  Don't
forget to log in if you want to have books rated Adult included in the list.