[bookshare-discuss] Re: FW: Re: e: Re: SEPARATE PAGES FOR BOOKS IN ENGLISH, BOOKS IN SPANISH, AND BOOKS FOR CHILDREN

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to Gerald for goading me into looking more
carefully at the Advanced Search section and
experimenting. Up to now I've only used that to
quickly search the collection for a specific title or
books by a specific author, but now--I still don't
understand how Jake gets his list of newest books from
there. I was able to get a list of all books in
English, sorted by "publication date" or title, but
not the newest ones. Anyway, I'm content to let Jake
keep that list.

I did ascertain, however, that you can obtain a list
of children's books in English--or books of any other
category in any specific language by following this
procedure:

In Advanced Search, select the language you want your
book list in; choose the quality, if you care; leave
the check mark in All categories and then put a check
mark in the category of Children's Books (or any other
category yo want a list for). Then click on Search. I
find it at the bottom of the page but for you i might
be elsewhere.

There are 2,857 children's books in English, 2,888
altogether. The only  problem with the category is
that it is a large one, including picture books and
books for older grades such as Island of the Blue
Dolphins (in both Spanish and English)--books up to
grades 6, maybe even 7 & 8.

For a shortcut to a list of children's books in
English, try the tiny URL below. I tested it and it
does work, though you have to wait a minute or two for
the list to load.

http://tinyurl.com/s6l77

Thank you again, Gerald.

Cindy

P.S. Does anyone know when Gustavo will be returning?